Sarah Reeves of Action East Devon is coordinating this event, which follows Honiton’s Health Matters which launched last month (the follow-up meeting in Honiton is on 6th March). I am happy to provide further information if you contact me.
Seaton and Area Health Matters – Going Forward Together
Friday 23rd March 2018 – Seaton Town Hall
9.00 for 9.30 am start – 1.00pm
Book here: https://goo.gl/forms/7laMUjhByt8F0w053 (right click on link to open booking form)
You are invited to participate in this community led event with key stakeholders around the future health and wellbeing of all the people in our communities, in response to the new landscape affecting Seaton and surrounding area as a result of NHS and Government policies advocating Place-Based Care in health provision and cross-sector collaborative working with community groups
The aim: To discuss what we know, where there are gaps/challenges and how, as a community we will address these to ensure collaborative approaches to co-design and co-produce local health services/activities that meet the needs of all the people in our communities.
Invitees: Management and senior level employees and volunteers / trustees from community, voluntary and social enterprise sector as well as public and private organisations.
Area to include: Seaton, Colyford & Colyton, Beer, Axmouth, Branscombe
Welcome: Mayor of Seaton – Cllr Jack Rowland
- Dr Mark Welland – Chairman of Seaton & District Hospital League of Friends
- Roger Trapani – Community Representative, Devon Health and Care Forum
- Charlotte Hanson – Chief Officer, Action East Devon
Strategic and Services Overview – Place Based Care:
- Laura Waterton – Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust
- Richard Anderson – Health and Social Care Community Services Manager
- Dr Jennie Button – Social Prescribing Lead – Ways 2 Wellbeing project in Seaton
Workshop, Networking and Discussion will form the main part of this event:
- Workshop 1 – What is working well and what are the challenges for Seaton and surrounding area?
- Workshop 2 – Working together to improve health and wellbeing outcomes? What support do we need?